Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Meal prep, ain't nobody got time for dat!

uh, yeah ya do!

I'm always telling myself that there needs to be more hours in a day.  With all of the things that take up our precious time--work, commuting, exercising, cleaning, TRYING to have a social life, it's easy to brush off food shopping and cooking and fall into "take-out" or "fast food" rutt.  Not only is it costly on your bank account, if you don't choose wisely, it can be costly on your waistline as well! Don't get me wrong, I love getting home, putting on the TV (and sweats) and having whatever glorious meal I'm craving arrive after just a few taps of my Seamless app. 

Soooo... while you can't ALWAYS have food in the fridge or the time to cook, you should take advantage of it when you do.  This weekend I spent a few  hours (3-4) food shopping and meal prepping for myself and Mike.  Again, the shopping list contained mostly lean proteins, veggies and some fruits.  Below are photo's of the food and the meals! 

Here's a list of what I made, feel free to reach out for the recipes or if you have any questions!  It's a lot to take on at once in the kitchen, but knowing that all I have to do is open the fridge and pull out a Tupperware for the next few days makes life a whole lot easier ;)

Main dishes:
- Broiled cod with cherry tomatoes, onions & garlic
- Turkey meatloaf with mushroom & onion gravy
- Sautéed chicken with spices

Sides:
- Roasted zucchini
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Roasted brussels sprouts
- Steamed & sautéed string beans w/ garlic & onions
- Steamed & sautéed broccoli

 







 
 

 
Just for fun, a shot of Mike working hard!








   

No comments:

Post a Comment