Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Update - Day 5

Good afternoon!  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving a few extra days off, I know I did :)
 
So while we didn't start taking the Advocare 24 Day Challenge supplements until Saturday morning (original state date was Friday), my boyfriend and I weighed in on Friday (THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING, I SWEAR I DON'T WEIGHT THAT MUCH!), went food shopping, meal prepped, worked out and started eating right. 
 
We bought some lean proteins (ground turkey-93/7, shell steak, chicken breast, cod), lots of veggies (broccoli, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, baby carrots...), eggs, hummus.. you get the idea.  We literally shopped the perimeter of the supermarket which they say is the healthiest way to go.  No sugary snacks, refined foods, sodas and juices.
 
For dinner Friday we had baked cod with tomatoes and onions (topped with fresh lemon) with string beans and brussels sprouts on the side (see picture).  The meal was definitely easy to make, light, filling and satisfying.  Most importantly, it got the boyfriend's approval!
 
Saturday started out with our Fiber Drink in the morning, a meal replacement shake and Spark followed by a solid workout.  I won't lie, I had a lot of trouble with the fiber drink.  While Mike was able to chug it down in probably less than 30 seconds, I let the texture get to me which made it hard to endure.  (Luckily, by day 3, I chugged that drink down like a pro! Mind over matter right?) 
 
I followed the same routine Sunday morning (fiber drink, meal replacement shake & spark) and went to the gym.  I had scrambled eggs with veggies after the gym for lunch and a salad with chicken for dinner.  When I'm hungry I snack on apples, baby carrots or quest bars.
 
Just for fun, we weighed ourselves again on Sunday (they recommend only weighing in every 2 weeks) .  In only two days we both lost 4+ lbs.  Even though that 4lbs represents mostly water weight, it's still the motivation we needed to keep going. 
 
Today is day 5 and I can say that I do feel less bloated and "full".  Eliminating almost all sodium, dairy and sugar from your diet really makes a difference in how you and your stomach feel.  Looking forward to seeing how I feel on day 24!
 
I also just found out one of my brothers friends just started the challenge yesterday.  I'm sure she's going to be pleased with her results.
 
Again, for any information on Advocare or personal training at New York Sports Club,
Contact Mike (Select I already know a distributor, select name and state, type Michael Brizzolara, NJ) OR Mbrizzolara1@gmail.com
 
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment