Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hey there!

I'm just updating to say that today I'm starting to be more strict with my diet and exercise and keep you guys updated with my results/progress.  I eat and cook healthy the vast majority of the time, but if you've read my other blog, Journey to a CPA, you'd know I've been pretty stressed out lately with studying and balancing life.  The past few days I ate very poorly.  When I am stressed out and overwhelmed I crave carbs, sweets, anything I can get my hands on.  After about 4 days of "letting myself go" I knew I had to get back on track.  I took my test yesterday and ended my streak of binge eating. 

I started off today with fruit for breakfast (watermelon, strawberries & blueberries) and for lunch I had a salad with grilled chicken, avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and baby lettuce with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Now I'm munching on pomegranate and more strawberries and blueberries.  The main things I plan to almost eliminate from my diet (at least for a few weeks until I'm satisfied with how I feel inside and out) are chips (even the "healthy kinds"), breads, pastas, ice cream, frozen yogurt, and any full fat cheeses.  Basically I'm limiting my intake of not-so-good-for-you carbs, cheese (which I normally don't go a day without), and watching with the sweets, even frozen yogurt which I LOVE!!! After a few weeks, once I feel back on track, I will slowly begin to incorporate some of these foods back into my diet in moderation.  I just feel like I need a good "detox".  I am not one to juice or do a cleanse, and frankly if you eat clean foods and exercise, I think you'll feel better and get greater results!  Can't wait to hit the gym tonight! 


"The race is long and in the end it's only with yourself."


No comments:

Post a Comment