|Top Layer of Sliced Zucchini|
- Preheat Oven to 375*
- Begin by cleaning zucchini and slicing it lengthwise (see pictures for how sliced zucchini should look).
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, fresh herbs, egg, salt, pepper & some garlic powder. Stir until egg is combined throughout mixture and mixture is slightly creamy.
- Spray oven safe tin or glass tray with Pam Spray to ensure items do not stick.
- Line bottom of tray with a thin layer of the crushed tomatoes.
- Arrange a layer of the sliced zucchini on top of the crushed tomatoes.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture on top of the zucchini and spread across the tray.
- Add a layer of the shredded mozz. (I like to put 1/2 fat free and 1/2 low fat)
- Add another layer of sliced zucchini and top with remaining crushed tomatoes.
- Cover tray with tin foil and bake for about 30-35 minutes (until zucchini becomes tender).
- Take tin foil off tray, top with shredded mozzarella and turn oven up to 400*
- Bake uncovered until cheese melts and becomes light golden brown.
- Set aside for a 5-10 minutes before cutting to allow cheese and ricotta mixture for harden slightly.
- ENJOY :)
|Finished Product, YUM!|