Wednesday, May 9, 2012

On-The-Go Breakfast Smoothie

I love breakfast smoothies, though I don't always have the time in the mornings to make them.  When I do, I try to vary the ingredients and come up with new combinations.  Today I tried something new and I actually loved the result!  Remember, it's never too late to start or get back on track with your health and fitness goals.  As Mark Twain once said, "the secret of getting ahead is getting started."



- 1/2 Cup Water
- Crushed Ice
- 1/2 Banana
- Dash of Cinnamon 

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.  This smoothie will keep you full for hours because of the high protein concentration.  Though the kefir is on the sour side, the pumpkin butter, cinnamon & vanilla protein powder balance this leaving you with a refreshing, slightly sweet smoothie even KIDS would enjoy, yes, I said your kids would enjoy this! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it kick starts your metabolism and sets the pace for the rest of your day.  Don't deprive your body of it's needed nutrients.  Fuel up and tackle whatever the day may bring!










No comments:

Post a Comment